Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Trading Card #31: Slade

Card #31 is one of my bigger regrets in toy collecting, I used to actually own a Shindana Slade doll and loved it but in the massive purge I did in preparation for my first child, he was cut from the team. It was one of those panicked things first time fathers do I guess.

During that period I got rid of a ton of different toys, Stretch Armstrongs, my Aquaman collection, M.A.C, Mego dolls, G.I. Joes, Big Jims but Slade is the only sale I regret. As toy concepts go, he's one of my favourites.

This has never worked before but if you have a Slade doll for sale, please contact me.




4 comments:

Sharon Day said...

Your life sounds like the plot of "40-year-old virgin" when he gets rid of his "toys" to be a serious father figure and husband... I'm totally digging that trading card's outfit. Do you suppose he had to mug a pleather sofa for it?

JFStan said...

Now you've done it! You say you want a Slade figure, but then you do a promotional trading card? Now everyone's gonna want one, making it even harder to find! :)

REX said...

I hope you find a SLADE, muthaf**kah!

Anonymous said...

Hi, This is TR.
My Dad had a similar problem: my Mom, not to put her down, threw out my Dad's favorite 1970s board game. It is "The Voice of The Mummy".

She thought it was beat up, or not important. Oops! Oh man.

There are a few used VOTM games on the net, but they run about $235 [USD].

Not a big tragedy, I guess, but he still misses that game. Oh well. [shrugs]. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin