Thursday, December 23, 2010

Dear Santa...

I was perusinga bunch of vintage toy ads this week and thought it would be fun to do as an adult toy nerd what I did as a wee nerd, cut out the toys I want and create a wish list.

So here are three things I wish were under the tree so I would, um, not open the box or play with them.

Mattel's Moon Base Alpha Playset- this set almost made up for the less than spectacular figures, as playsets this one is a vinyl dream. It seems weird nowadays that kids would want to play with a Martin Landau doll but dammit, we did.
Shogun Warriors Utility Belt- OMG, I would never take this off not even for showers or family functions.
Lincoln Monsters Wolfman- Seeing as they're a buck a piece, why not bring me a whole set? I won't mind....

As a bonus, I've added a vintage toy ad in case you want to create your own wish list. Just click on them to enlarge and start circlin'!

2 comments:

Jamie Ghione said...

I saw the Baby Be Good doll in the toy ad. I got this one Christmas and wrote about this on my blog todayhttp://jannghi.blogspot.com/2010/12/another-toy-from-one-of-my-past.html

I used a piece of your scanned ad.

Jack Norris said...

This is probably not an even remotely original comment, but those prices are heartbraking.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin