Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Bat Math


I have known weakness and affection for the superhero school supplies created by Alco in the mid 1970s. So I was overjoyed to find this recently at a toy show, a Batman slide rule that I had no idea existed.

Now my mind races if Batman was the only character in the line of slide rules, seeing as Alco used characters like Shazam and Superman for other merchandise. Is there an Aquaman or Wonder Woman slide rule? Am I seriously contemplating collecting them all?


3 comments:

Adam Hazlett said...

I had a Mickey Mouse on as a kid.
I was a multiplication helper tool.
The two black numbers equal the red number.

Alphacentaurian said...

I remember this. Batman used it to discover the hideout of the arch criminal, the Pi'd Piper. His henchmen were Sine, Cosine and Ratio (his henchwoman).

"Holy equations, Batman!"

Pragati said...

hhahah What a batman scale. Kids efinitely loved it and this also increase their interest in mathematics.. Good idea..

Regards
___________
Abacus

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin