Thursday, September 19, 2013

The Bacchus 3



As much as I've tried to convince folks in the toy industry that action figures based on Mystery Science Theater 3000 would be a good thing, I'm pretty sure it ain't happening.

That's why I was pretty elated to discover this toy ship in an old catalog recently, it's the Bacchus 3 from a Japanese tv series called Star Wolf. But more importantly, it's from known to MST3K fans as "Fugitive Alien 1 and 2", a classic riffing experience if there ever was one.

As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to have it but the world of Japanese toys can be pricey.



Fortune smiled on me because Star Wolf toys are pretty easy to find and cheap, the Bacchus 3 was on it's way to me within a half hour.

Popy made some other really cool vehicles (like Spider-Man's car the GP 7 pictured above) but that is a story for another day...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin